|RESOLUTION (m):||300/1200 m|
|# OF BANDS:||21|
|SPECTRAL COVERAGE(nm):||400 – 1020|
How to get OLCI Data?
Users must register to obtain access to OLCI data products, by creating an Earth Observation Portal account at: https://eoportal.eumetsat.int/userMgmt/register.faces . Once the account has been created, you can log in to view and modify your profile, service subscriptions and license arrangements.
The EUMETSAT Data Store (https://data.eumetsat.int) is a single online access point for all operational and reprocessed data.
Once you have an EO Portal account you can access OLCI products in three different ways:
- Via EUMETSAT’s broadcast delivery system called EUMETCast;
- by ordering from the EUMETSAT Data Centre;
- via the Copernicus Online Data Access (CODA) system, which is an online rolling archive with http access.
Access to the data is free of charge, and is linked to your EO Portal account. The CODA system is a 14 day rolling archive. Data older than 14 days can be downloaded via the EUEMTSAT Data Centre, which is also accessed via the EO Portal.
All Sentinel data products are distributed using a Sentinel-specific variation of the Standard Archive Format for Europe (SAFE) format specification. The information is contained in a single package, with objects encoded in NetCDF format. You can contact the User Support helpdesk at: email@example.com
OLCI Links and Articles
- EUMETSAT Agency Update – Ewa Kwiatkowska (EUMETSAT), IOCCG-26 meeting (June 2022)
- Sentinel-3 Mission Status – Peter Regner (ESA), IOCCG-20 meeting (May 2015).
- From MERIS to OLCI – Ocean Colour at ESA – Henri Laur (ESA), 1st IOCS meeting (May 2013).
- Sentinel-3 Ocean Colour Data Products, Steven Delwart, IOCCG Level-1 workshop (Washington 20-21 April 2010)
- Sentinel-3 OLCI-Overview, Steven Delwart, IOCCG Level-1 workshop (Washington 20-21 April 2010)
- Update on Sentinel-3, Presentation by Peter Regner, IOCCG-15, Rio de Janeiro, Brazil (18-20 January 2010).
- Sentinel-3 Presentation, Presentation by Peter Regner, IOCCG-13 meeting, Paris, France (12-14 February 2008).