On-line tutorials and training modules
- Ocean Optics Web Book: Initial content by Curtis Mobley, Emmanuel Boss and Collin Roesler. This is a web-based, dynamically growing, community resource that addresses both the education and reference needs of the broad optical oceanography and ocean colour remote sensing communities and is freely accessible.
- Giovanni – Interactive Visualization and Analysis. Giovanni is a Web-based application developed by NASA GES DISC that provides a simple and intuitive way to visualize, analyze, and access vast amounts of Earth science remote sensing data without having to download the data. Giovanni is an acronym for the GES-DISC (Goddard Earth Sciences Data and Information Services Center) Interactive Online Visualization ANd aNalysis Infrastructure.
- Is the Sea Really Blue? A BBC Earth article on ocean colour (May 2015).
- NASA Oceanography – The Living Ocean
- Teachable Optics – Absorption, Scattering and the Color of the Ocean by Emmanuel Boss.
- NASA Science
- SeaWiFS web site: Resources for Teachers. Material on oceans, ocean-colour and remote sensing of ocean colour. Great resource.