Other Ocean-Colour Courses
- July 19 – August 13, 2021: NASA Sponsored Workshop on Calibration and Validation of Ocean Color Remote Sensing, Bowdoin College, Maine, USA
- Cornell Summer Satellite Remote Sensing Training Program
June 1 – June 12, 2020 , Cornell University, Ithaca New York (the Summer 2020 course has been cancelled due to the Covid-19 pandemic but may take place in 2021) http://oceanography.eas.cornell.edu/satellite. Email: Bruce Monger (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- AquaWatch workshop on Validation of Satellite-derived Optical and Water Quality Parameters for Coastal and Inland Waters. Originally scheduled for June 2020 at University of Wisconsin – Madison (USA) – will now be rescheduled to June 2021. This workshop will summarize and evaluate the state of current validation assets globally, identify gaps in validation coverage and begin to design a framework to construct a global validation network for these critical waters. Workshop objectives also include review and evaluation of current in situ, laboratory and satellite-derived optical measurements and data acquisition protocols. An announcement will be made this winter seeking key sector participants from the international community and some travel funding will be available.
- NOAA Ocean Colour Training Course This three day introductory satellite course is held every August at the University of Washington in Seattle. A major goal of the course is to provide scientists who are not regular users of satellite data with the knowledge and tools they need to incorporate satellite data into their research and management projects. https://coastwatch.pfeg.noaa.gov/courses/satellite_course.html
- 10 month training course: NF-POGO CofE at the AWI on Helgoland & Sylt
September to June. The 10 month training programme takes place in Germany each year. Scholars will receive training in core research skills (project design, implementation, analysis and presentation) and specialized topics including remote sensing, ocean-atmosphere interactions & modelling. A full scholarship will be provided by the NF-POGO CofE covering travel, accommodation, tuition and a modest allowance. Deadline for applications is usually March. For further information see: https://www.awi.de/en/about-us/sites/helgoland/visiting-scientists/centre-of-excellence-nf-pogo.html
- EUMETSAT Training Courses: Various dates and location
- Research Experiences for Undergraduates – 10 week period from June 7 – August 13, 2021.
A collaboration between the Mystic Aquarium and the University of Connecticut, Avery Point, located on Long Island Sound (USA).